Would you like to apply for UN Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024? If yes, we have outline details about the programme application form, vacancies, recruitment portal www.unv.org and how you can successfully submit an application.
The UN Volunteers recruitment 2023 has begun. If it has always been your wish to work with United Nations as a volunteer carefully read through this article as we have provided all the necessary information you will need.
In quest to apply for UN Volunteers recruitment, here are some of the questions the United Nations ask prospective applicants.
- Do you have a university degree or a diploma of higher education?
- Do you have a working knowledge of English, French, Arabic or Spanish?
- Is it important for you to work in a spirit of partnership and solidarity?
- Are you motivated by and dedicated to volunteerism?
- Are you available for short-term assignments (six to 12 months)?
- Are you ready to serve in hardship locations? (UNV supplies 25% of all international civilian UN peacekeeping personnel and 17% of UNHCR field personnel).
Now, let’s dive into the main issue.
Is UN Volunteers Recruitment 2023?
Yes, the United Nations, UN Volunteers recruitment 2023 is ongoing. You can explore vacant positions, approved countries and how to apply by visiting the recruitment portal www.unv.org.
The application form is free and accessible by all interested candidates. So far you have an internet enabled device then you can successfully apply for the ongoing UN Volunteers recruitment.
Overview of UN Volunteer Programme 2023
If you are inspired to take concrete action for global peace and development, take a look at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme.
Every year, up to 8,000 qualified and experienced women and men of some 160 different nationalities volunteer at least six months of their lives to help others. These UN Volunteers work in some 130 countries promoting peace, responding to disasters, empowering communities and helping to build sustainable livelihoods and lasting development.
UN Volunteers come from dozens of professional backgrounds but all of them are catalysts of positive change. They are encouraged to be creative and entrepreneurial, and foster volunteerism for peace and development both within and beyond their assignments. They work at the heart of communities in partnership with governments, United Nations entities and civil society.
Being a UN Volunteer is not a career (you are currently limited to four years of service), but it is rich with opportunities and experience and offers huge personal rewards.
As a UN Volunteer you receive a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) which covers basic needs, housing and utilities. Additionally, UNV will provide a settling-in-grant, life, health, and permanent disability insurance, return airfares and a nominal resettlement allowance.
UN Volunteers Job Vacancies 2023
Currently, these are the vacant positions across the globe that mandates UN Volunteers recruitment. Go through them and decide on the position you will apply once you visit the recruitment portal.
- Programme Support Assistant (Camp Coordination and Management)
- Digital Communication Officer
- Social Policy Officer (Data & Research)
- Communication Officer (Plaidoyer)
- Information and Technology Officer
- Help Develop Field Hockey Website
- Write Articles for Human Right News Website
- Associate Programme Management Officer
- Support in Grant and Proposal Writing on Topic Related to WASH
- Youth Engagement Officer
- Event Coordination and Communications Support Assistant
- Graphic Designer
Other international recruitment you can also apply includes:
- ExxonMobil Recruitment
- Total Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment
- IOM Recruitment
- African Union Recruitment
- UNHCR Recruitment
- Coca-Cola Recruitment
- USAID Recruitment
- USA Army Recruitment
- Australia Army Recruitment
- British Army Recruitment
Requirements for UN Volunteers Recruitment 2023
Participating in the United Nations Volunteer programme is quite simple, below are the criteria prospective applicants must meet.
- Applicant must have a degree or diploma of higher education
- Applicant should be able to speak either English, French, Arabic or Spanish fluently
- Applicant should be able to work in spirit of partnership and solidarity
- Candidate applying must be motivated and dedicated to volunteerism
- Applicant should be available for atleast a short-term assignment of six (6) to twelve (12) months
How to Apply for UN Volunteers Recruitment 2023
Follow these steps to submit an application for the ongoing UN Volunteers programme.
- First, visit the application portal www.app.unv.org
- Select the position and location you’d like to work
- Click the apply button
- Click the “sign up” button
- Provide your email address
- Check your mail for the verification code
- After that, login to fil the online application form
- Upload required documents according to stipulated size
- Proofread your application and then submit
Immediately after submission, ensure you print out the acknowledgement slip. Also, the UN recruiting team will reach out to you in due course.
UN Volunteers Recruitment Closing Date
The closing date for UN Volunteers recruitment is Friday, 9th May, 2023. Interested persons are to fill and submit their form on or before stipulated deadline.
That’s what we have for you today concerning the United Nations (UN) Volunteer programme 2023. To get more updates, you can follow us on Google News.